Uthishta Seva Puraskar - VI
Dr K Sivan,the chairman of ISRO Presents the Uthishta Seva Puraskar 2020, to Sevabharathi Kanyadi Dharmasthala. D.K. Karnataka.
About Sevabharathi Kanyadi:
Conceptualized in the year 2004 and registered in 2012, Sevabharathi Kanyadi is a working with the objective of extending social service to the deserved and marginalized segment of the population of Belthangady Taluk, a remote taluk in Dakshina Kannada District of Karnataka State.
“ Sevabharathi Kanyadi” is actively engaged in social work and community services during the last 16 years in the field of health, education, agriculture, empowerment of rural women by self- employment, inculcating moral values and Indian culture among children, Helping special able children and rehabilitation of persons affected with spinal cord injury.
They have various projects named
1. ArogyaBharathi : Organizing blood donation camp & create awareness in society.
2. Balabharathi : Coaching children for personality & skill development.
3. Yakshabharathi: Promotion & encouragement of yakshagana.
4. Shri DurgaMathruMandali : Empowerment of rural women in rural areas.
5. Sevadhama : Rehabilitation centre for Spinal Cord Injured.
Uthishta was very happy to learn the Sevadhama activities where they established a facility to support people with spinal cord injuries with a 10 bed rehabilitation facility, empowers them with life skills and enable to lead a life with dignity. They also provides wheel chair and calipers and help in modifying their houses to support movement by building ramps.