The name of the organization is inspired by Swami Vivekananda and his thought “Service to the humanity is the highest form of worship”. Our mission is to spread his message to all the people around us, by way of selfless service to humanity.
The service-minded well-wishers who desire to participate in Uthishta’s programs will be happy to note that your entire contributions (one hundred percent) reach the intended beneficiaries. Uthishta’s organizational expenses are not incurred out of such contributions.
All your financial contributions can get exemptions under 80G of Income tax act. For more details of our programs, please write to us in the email ID firstname.lastname@example.org
Unique ID: KA/2017/0153728
Sponsor A Child
“Sponsor a child’ program aims at providing all the support for a child's education by providing books, stationeries, uniforms, etc. Uthishta believes in being the change that we wish to see in society. Support from volunteers and well-wishers has transformed our humble initiatives into impactful and sustainable programs for society.
- Sponsoring full educational expenses for an academic year
- Distribution of School Kits
- Support for Higher Education
- Supporting the 'divyang'
India has thousands of year old tradition of fine arts and classical and folk music and dances. Familiarizing with such versatile classical art forms shapes our character and also reminds the richness of our culture. Uthishta organizes cultural events and other programs so that everyone get a chance to know and feel the depth of our culture.
Cultural programs organized by Uthishta are:
- Kathakali Sandya - An evening of Kathakali
- Interaction Evenings with Spiritual Leaders
- Awareness programs on Swami Vivekananda and his teachings
- Literature events with elegant writers
Having an own shelter is one of the basic needs of a family, which forms the basis for all their living, contribution and dreams. Abhayam is an ambitious small budget housing project taken up by Uthishta with the whole hearted support of our well-wishers, in order to provide a shelter for homeless people with weak financial background. The key aspects of this project are
- The beneficiary is identified after careful evaluation
- Uthishta ensures a collaborative social effort for the house construction
- A committee formed with the neighborhood supervises and manages the project.
- Voluntary help for the house construction is provided and organized by the committee.
- Uthishta's financial aid is used for getting building materials
- Ensures support at every step of the house construction.
- Completed two successful projects
"Aveksha" is a preventive Medical Care program for women from lower income families. The name "Aveksha" means preventure cure in Sanskrit. This program was aimed at women from the financially weaker section of the Society.
Uthishta conducts monthly medical camps in slum areas of Bangalore as the CSR partner of of New India Insurance company. The medical camp provides
- Free diagnosis for Women and Children
- Awareness on Child safety and health issues
- Free Medicines
- Help for follow up treatment if required
Emergency medical assitance is something which is a shocker for most of the families, because of its financial impact as well as other complexities like figuring out the best hospital, identifying the correct doctor, ensuring timely logistics etc.
Uthishta extends its helping hand for those who need help in such situations. We provide
- Help in identifying the doctors in Bangalore, Getting their appointments and Creating travel plans accordingly for distant patients
- Short Stay Home for patients who visit Sri Sathya Sai Baba Hospital, NIMHANS, Jayadeva Institute of Cardiology etc
- Help in finding blood donors when needed
- Monitory Assistance to meet Hospital Expenses
The environment supports the life of each and every living thing on earth. We rely on the environment for life. When it is protected we are assured of better health. Food, quality air and so much more. If we destroy the environment, the environment will destroy us.
Understanding the importance of environment protection, Uthishta actively takes part in environment protection initiatives. A few of such activities are:
- Plant a Tree programs - Planting tree saplings to get the greenery back
- Swachh Bharat Mission - Cleanliness drives, Awareness programs on waste segregation, etc
- Haritha Prakriti - Awareness program to avoid the use of plastic bags in Sabarimala and other pilgrimage places
- Nilayanam - Awareness program for protecting the biggest river in Kerala
Uthishta Seva Puraskar
There are many charitable trusts and organizations who work relentlessly to uplift the weaker sections of the society in their own ways but without any visibility or support. Sometimes the society may not be aware of the existence of such organizations at all. Getting appreciated and recognized empowers such organizations to do better and better all the time. It also helps others to provide their support. Uthishta Seva Puraskar - is an award designed to appreciate and support such charity organizations. The award consists of a shield, citation and a monetary support of one lakh.
The recipients of Uthishta Seva Puraskar are:
- Agasthyar Bala Samskara Kendra
- Swami Vivekananda Medical Mission (SVMM)
- Santhwanam Seva kendram
- Sukrutham Charitable Trust